Christmas, holidays, parties can mean clients canceling or putting their sessions on hold can mean a lack of cash flow for many personal trainers.
It does not have to be like that.
Every year I receive emails from trainers wanting to know how they can stop losing clients, gain clients and still have good money coming in plus still have a holiday themselves.
Here are 5 quick and simple strategies that you can do to ensure that you maintain or even grow your personal training business at this time and still manage to have some time off.
1. Gift cards – give the gift of health and fitness. Create $50 or $100 gift cards that you can give to your clients who can then pass them onto their friends and family. Pop it in a Christmas card with a personalized note.
2. Extra sessions – for some people training and maintaining their exercise regime at this time of year is extremely important for their sanity. What has worked well for us in the few weeks leading up to Christmas has been extra sessions for half price or $30/$40, what ever value you wish to put on it. Allows you to fill up some extra space plus extra income for people who would not normally do extra sessions.
3. Weekly surprises – I have clients that bakes Christmas goodies each week to give to their clients. For the trainers that also sell supplements they have recipes that contain the supplements which then helps up sell those products. They then print out that recipe for their clients. The key is consistency, do something each and every week. It does not have to be baked goods, again you can get creative and festive and create your own surprise.
4. To attract new clients – A great little promotion that you can do in December is pay nothing til January 2012. Promote this through your normal avenues. The only aspect you need to ensure is that you fill out all of the paperwork for payments to commence automatically in January 2012.
5. Ensure everyone is on direct debit and start doing makeup sessions now so the debits do not have to stop.
If you are still selling packs and pay as you go personal training then you might find that you will struggle over this period.
You can change that.
If you are wanting to change that then you need to click here.